EXPONENTIAL TALENT PODCAST
Hosted by Dr. Shreya Sarkar-Barney
Evidence-Based HR: Attaining Better Results
Shreya Sarkar-Barney, Ph.D.
This podcast was recorded during the HRWest 2020 conference held in Oakland, California. In this talk, Dr Shreya Sarkar-Barney skillfully leads her participants through a set of thought-provoking questions. The conversation reveals the value or lack thereof, of many common HR practices. Additionally, she guides the audience through a new operating model that positions HR on the critical path to achieving business success. Listen to this podcast for a revolutionary new way to think about when, where, and how HR can deliver exponential returns.
- By subscribing you receive notification when a new podcast is released and gain access to the podcast transcript
About Our Episode On Evidence-Based HR
- Take your HR to drive better results faster by investments in talent practices.
- Operating models are simply not working, and so FHL’s approach to problems.
- Using evidence-based practice as an effective mechanism for driving better results faster
- Decision making framework that is like financial decision making.
- A case study from the mid-size firm that made an extraordinary achievement by closing their revenue gap in just two quarters using evidence-based practices.
- things that we really need to pay attention to is the HL operating model and our problem-solving approach.
- How do we really make decisions? And do they have other alternatives from the typical approaches
This podcast is composed of Dr. Shreya’s interviews with academics and leaders on evidence-based talent practices during her presentation at the HRWest 2020 conference. In specific, Dr. Sarkar-Barney presents alternatives to HR operating models as well as the HR approach to problem solving. Furthermore, they discuss the promise of using evidence-based practice as a more effective mechanism for driving better results faster. In particular, she demonstrates a decision-making framework that is similar to financial decision making which enables HR to achieve exponential returns from their talent investments. To conclude, the presentation is finished off with a case study from a mid-size firm that made an extraordinary achievement by closing their revenue gap in 2 quarters using evidence-based practices.
Meet the Speaker From Our Podcast on Evidence-Based HR
Dr. Shreya Sarkar-Barney is the CEO and founder of Human Capital Growth (HCG). HCG is a talent management firm that specializes in innovating using science, analytics, and empathy. She works across diverse industries with organizations such as Cisco, Cognizant, Ecolab, Fidelity Investments, Merck and Microsoft. Additionally, Shreya was a visiting scholar at the University of California, Berkeley and holds an affiliate research scientist position with the Center for Effective Organizations at the University of Southern California. Notably, her focus on using science-backed practices in driving better organizational outcomes won her the 2019 Scientist- Practitioner presidential recognition by the Society for Industrial and Organizational Psychology (SIOP). Moreover, Dr. Sarkar-Barney serves on the boards of the HR Strategy Forum and the City of Vacaville, Economic Development Advisory Committee. Likewise, she is on the editorial board of the SIOP Professional Practice Series.
Sarkar-Barney, S. (2018). Why I care about evidence-based practice. https://www.humancapitalgrowth.com/blog/why-i-care-about-evidence-based-practice
Sarkar-Barney, S. (2018). What is integrated talent management. https://www.humancapitalgrowth.com/blog/what-is-integrated-talent-management
Sarkar-Barney, S. (2018). The future of talent analytics. https://www.humancapitalgrowth.com/blog/the-future-of-talent-analytics