Workforce Analytics and Planning
In the course, participants will build the capability to:
- identify when a workforce analysis will be beneficial
- identify the data required to perform workforce analytics
- outline the steps involved in conducting a workforce plan
- develop a workforce supply-demand gap closure strategy
- compute staffing ratios and productivity ratios to estimate future workforce size
- gather metrics to evaluate a workforce plan
Tools: This course gives participants access to tools and worksheets, including:
- Guidelines for Building a Talent Inventory
- Guidelines for Using Qualitative Methods of Workforce Forecasting
- Operational Strategy Canvas – Form
- Tools for Estimating Skills and Expertise Required – Form
- Strategies for Addressing Workforce Deficits and Surpluses
- Workforce Segmentation Categories and Definitions
Assessment: Each course includes an end of course assessment (quiz) and assignments to gauge learning and opportunity to practice the skills. To promote learning, participants receive feedback on right and wrong answers, as well as, guidance for reviewing the relevant sections of the course.
Discussion Boards: All participants will have access to the community board on this topic. The discussion boards can be used to post questions, start a new discussion or seek clarification from a mentor.
Other Learning Activities: Participants will have access to games, flashcards, glossary, bibliography developed to engage with the content in a fun way and assist with learning.
Access duration for one course is one month. If purchased as part of a certification package, access duration is set by the package plan.
12. Workforce Planning and Analytics
Request for information