In this course, participants will build the capability to:
- Support the development of a new performance appraisal (PA) system by
- developing questionnaires/interview guides to gather stakeholder’s input
- proposing the appropriate list of performance dimensions for a holistic evaluation
- proposing rating scale options to rate performance
- proposing mechanisms to promote fairness in the system
- outlining the process of administering organization wide performance appraisals
- Support the maintenance of an existing performance appraisal system by
- providing proactive administrative support during the deployment of the PA process
- designing the evaluation process to assess the effectiveness of the PA system
- gathering data to evaluate the effectiveness of the PA system
Tools: This course gives participants access to tools and worksheets, including:
- A Manager’s Guide to Giving Effective Performance Feedback
- A Manager’s Guide to Informal Employee Development Activities
- Performance Appraisal Methods for Different Types of Teams – A Guide
- Performance Appraisal Tools – Rating Scale Comparison
Assessment: Each course includes an end of course assessment (quiz) and assignments to gauge learning and opportunity to practice the skills. To promote learning, participants receive feedback on right and wrong answers, as well as, guidance for reviewing the relevant sections of the course.
Discussion Boards: All participants will have access to the community board on this topic. The discussion boards can be used to post questions, start a new discussion or seek clarification from a mentor.
Other Learning Activities: Participants will have access to games, flashcards, glossary, bibliography developed to engage with the content in a fun way and assist with learning.
Access duration for one course is one month. If purchased as part of a certification package, access duration is set by the package plan.
10. Performance Management
Request for information