Job Analysis and Competency Modeling
In this course, participants will build the capability to:
- explain the benefits of conducting a job analysis
- explain the difference between a job analysis and a competency model
- select between a job analysis or a competency model, to address a specific need
- select the job analysis method and tools for a specific need
- conduct the steps involved in a job analysis
- conduct a job analysis interview
- conduct the steps required to create a competency model
Tools: This course gives participants access to tools and worksheets, including:
- A Template and Guideline for Competency Model Development
- Checklist and Guidelines Conducting a Job Analysis Interview
- A Job Description Template
- A Sample Job Description
- A Guide to Classifying Abilities and Job Behaviors
- Guidelines for Selecting Job Analysis Tools
- List of Leadership Competencies for a Competitive Business Climate
Assessment: Each course includes an end of course assessment (quiz) and assignments to gauge learning and opportunity to practice the skills. To promote learning, participants receive feedback on right and wrong answers, as well as, guidance for reviewing the relevant sections of the course.
Discussion Boards: All participants will have access to the community board on this topic. The discussion boards can be used to post questions, start a new discussion or seek clarification from a mentor.
Other Learning Activities: Participants will have access to games, flashcards, glossary, bibliography developed to engage with the content in a fun way and assist with learning.
Access duration for one course is one month. If purchased as part of a certification package, access duration is set by the package plan.
2. Job Analysis and Competency Modeling
Request for information