In this course, participants will build the capability to:
- gather requirements of the target job
- write a realistic job preview
- support the design of a multiple-hurdle candidate screening process
- support the administration of an employee selection system
- assist in the selection of assessments for screening job candidates
- monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of the employee selection system
Tools: This course gives participants access to tools and worksheets, including:
- Example of a Competency by Selection Method Matrix
- Fleishman’s Ability Taxonomy
- A Cheat Sheet for Selecting the Best Assessment Tool
- A Checklist for Designing a Hiring System
- A Guide for Using a Job Analysis Task list to Define the Selection Criteria
- Example of a KSA by Assessment Method Matrix
- Guidelines for Selecting Assessments for Hiring
Assessment: Each course includes an end of course assessment (quiz) and assignments to gauge learning and opportunity to practice the skills. To promote learning, participants receive feedback on right and wrong answers, as well as, guidance for reviewing the relevant sections of the course.
Discussion Boards: All participants will have access to the community board on this topic. The discussion boards can be used to post questions, start a new discussion or seek clarification from a mentor.
Other Learning Activities: Participants will have access to games, flashcards, glossary, bibliography developed to engage with the content in a fun way and assist with learning.
4. Employee Selection
Request for information